Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools. Assembles and fastens materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue. Carpenters are skilled artisans who construct, erect, install and renovate structures made of wood and other materials, ranging from kitchen cabinets to building frameworks. They work in various areas of construction.
- Location: 6434 135A STREETSurrey, BCV3W 9H7
- Salary: $28.85 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking to hire a skilled carpenter with knowledge of various carpentry techniques. You will be responsible for layout, installation, repairing, finishing, and maintaining various structures, fixtures, and buildings. Other duties will include designing, cutting, and measuring materials according to a client’s requirements.
A successful applicant should be hardworking, reliable, and have good communication and organizational skills. You must have completed an apprenticeship in carpentry or have equivalent experience in the field.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Assisting supervisors with structural design, planning, layout, and installation.
- Conduct repair work and installation of doors, windows, drywall, cabinets, stairs, and other fixtures as required.
- Ability to assess the quality of woodwork and materials.
- Ability to operate tools, machines, and other equipment.
- Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, climb, pull, and lift heavy objects.
- High school diploma.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship or a minimum of 4 years experience as a journey-level carpenter.
- Additional certification may be required.
- Good communication skills.
- Physically fit with good hand-eye coordination.
- Knowledge of mathematics.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
Work site environment
- Various locations
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply