Preparing and assembling ingredients for menu items. Preparing high-quality meals and food items according to company recipes. Storing excess food at the correct temperature in order to avoid spoilage. Ensuring that food portions and food presentation meet company standards.
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: $16.25 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a dedicated cook to prepare high-quality meals in accordance with food health and safety regulations and company standards. The cook’s responsibilities include following instructions relating to the timely preparation of food orders, organizing workstations, and assisting other cooks as needed. You should also be able to ensure that the refrigerators and storerooms are kept clean and tidy.
To be successful as a cook, you should be able to use various cooking techniques and methods to prepare meals that meet our customers’ expectations. Ultimately, a top-notch cook should be able to handle multiple food orders without compromising on quality.
- Preparing and assembling ingredients for menu items.
- Preparing high-quality meals and food items according to company recipes.
- Storing excess food at the correct temperature in order to avoid spoilage.
- Ensuring that food portions and food presentation meet company standards.
- Monitoring supplies and re-ordering stock as needed.
- Ensuring that cooking utensils are clean before each use.
- Cleaning and sterilizing food preparation areas.
- Assisting other cooks to ensure that food orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Efficiently resolving problems with customers’ orders.
- Ensuring that food health and safety regulations are followed.
- High school diploma or GED.
- ServSafe food handling certification is preferred.
- Sound knowledge of cooking methods and techniques.
- Proven experience working as a Cook.
- The ability to follow recipes.
- The ability to work in a team.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Effective communication skills.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Order supplies and equipment
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply