A childcare assistant, or childcare worker, takes care of children in an organization or in the home of the children. A childcare assistant assists childcare teachers with children’s basic needs, such as bathing, feeding, monitoring movement, and diaper changing. Generally, ECE assistants: Lead young children’s activities, tell stories, teach songs and prepare craft materials. Prepare and serve snacks. Help children eat, dress and use the toilet.
- Location: 7708 83 STREET NWEdmonton, ABT6C 2Y8
- Salary: $17.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for an experienced childcare assistant to be responsible for providing assistance to the childcare teacher at a school. The childcare assistant will work closely with the childcare teacher in conducting daily duties such as preparing and serving meals, changing diapers, writing daily reports, recording attendance, engaging in play, assisting to put children to sleep, and creating a safe environment.
To be successful as a childcare assistant, you must possess a passion for children and exercise patience with them. You should display a friendly and positive attitude and greet parents and children by their name. Ultimately, you should constantly monitor and supervise the children in your care to ensure their safety.
Childcare Assistant Responsibilities:
- Providing support for the childcare teacher.
- Monitoring and supervising the children constantly.
- Assisting the childcare teacher in maintaining a safe and positive environment.
- Cultivating relationships with children, parents, and guardians.
- Alerting the childcare teacher to emergencies.
- Preparing and serving meals and snacks.
- Greeting parents and addressing children by their name.
- Adhering to procedures in preparing a bottle or changing a diaper.
- Assisting with sand, water, or playground activities.
- Assisting in putting children to sleep.
Childcare Assistant Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certificate in early childhood education and care (CHC 30113), if pertinent to the state.
- A current Working with Children License.
- First Aid Training recommended.
- On-the-job training recommended.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must meet state-specific guidelines.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
7708 83 STREET NW