General farm workers plant, cultivate and harvest crops, raise livestock and poultry and maintain and repair farm equipment and buildings. General farm workers perform some or all of the following duties: Plant, fertilize, cultivate, spray, irrigate and harvest crops. Feed and tend livestock and poultry.
A Farmer manages farms, ranches, greenhouses, nurseries, and other agricultural production organizations. Farmers are involved in planting, cultivating, performing post-harvest duties, overseeing livestock, and supervising farm labor depending on the type of farm.
- Location: Bradford, ON
- Salary: $15.00 hourly for 50 to 70 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Seasonal employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as 2023-01-06
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a farmer to oversee our farming operations. The responsibilities of a Farmer include performing physical labor, operating heavy machinery, and supervising farm workers.
To be successful as a farmer, you should demonstrate a passion for the outdoors, knowledge of agricultural machinery, and physical stamina. Ultimately, a top-notch Farmer should possess physical strength, good hand-eye coordination, and a keen interest in agriculture.
- Performing manual labor.
- Performing maintenance on the farm.
- Handling heavy machinery.
- Repairing faulty vehicles and machinery.
- Managing farming activities.
- Overseeing farmworkers.
- Devising strategies for harvesting or breeding.
- Liaising with clients.
- Previous experience in the farming industry.
- Knowledge of farming best practices.
- Able to work long hours on location.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be physically fit.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- Plant, cultivate and irrigate crops
- Vegetable culling
- Harvest crops
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
Experience and specialization
Type of Crops
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply