Food & Beverage servers process orders and serve food & beverage items to customers, ensure customers are satisfied with their dining experience, process customer payments, and immediately handle complaints and concerns as they occur. A Food Server serves food and beverages in restaurants such as diners, coffee shops, and steakhouses. Food servers are responsible for ensuring patrons’ pleasant dining experiences. Also known as server or waiter.
- Location: Okotoks, AB
- Salary: $17.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic food server to oversee, enhance, and ensure a pleasant dining experience for our guests. The food server will maintain a positive and respectful relationship with team members, engage with guests in a professional, dignified manner, and inform management of potential service and product issues before they arise. You will perform opening duties to prepare for service and closing duties at the end of your shift. You will employ sound judgment to establish whether to take guests’ food orders swiftly or to allow them time to relax.
To ensure success you will value our patrons as if they were guests in your home, and take pride in your work. Top candidates will be sincere, hospitable, and hard-working.
Food Server Responsibilities:
- Performing opening duties such as setting tables, polishing glasses, folding napkins, and replenishing condiments.
- Attending pre-shift and general meetings to update knowledge of special offers and stock-related issues, and to discuss service and product matters.
- Assisting management and hosts to meet, greet, and seat guests, and issuing them food and wine menus.
- Introducing yourself to guests and informing them of special offers and stock shortages before they select items off the menu.
- Ensuring beverages are served swiftly and replenished continuously.
- Ensuring accuracy when entering orders into the point of sale (POS) system.
- Following up on food and beverage orders with the back of house (BOH).
- Checking on guests to establish satisfaction with the product and overall experience, and providing management with feedback.
- Issuing guests with their check on request, and greeting and thanking them sincerely on departure.
- Performing closing duties such as sweeping and vacuuming, and preparing linens for collection by laundry service.
Food Server Requirements:
- 1+ years of work experience in an upmarket or high-volume restaurant.
- Completion of product knowledge training, and written and verbal exams.
- Proficient with maintaining a solid customer base.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Available to work shifts, extended hours, over weekends and holidays.
- Physically fit, agile, and dexterous.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Proficient time-management skills.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience an asset
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Present bills to customers and accept payment in cash, credit or debit cards, travellers cheques or room billings
- Describe menu items including daily specials for customers
- Advise on menu selections
- Balance cash and record sales
- Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
- Serve food and beverages
- Take orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff
- Provide customer service
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
46 McRae Street
Okotoks , AB