Provides advice and may oversee standardization of recipes, menu preparation, portion, cost and waste control. Maintains records and provides data for planning and control of operating budgets. Orders food and non-food supplies, checks deliveries and maintains inventory records.
- Location: Deroche, BC
- Salary: $17.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for an experienced food service manager to join our team. The food service manager’s responsibilities will include ensuring that all meals are properly portioned and presented and resolving customer complaints. You should also be able to expedite service during busy periods by assisting in serving customers and processing payments.
To be successful as a food service manager, you should be detail-oriented and knowledgeable about food health and safety regulations. Ultimately, an exceptional food service manager should be able to multitask as well as demonstrate excellent leadership, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
Food Service Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, training, and managing food service employees.
- Scheduling employee work hours to ensure that all shifts are adequately covered.
- Completing payroll and maintaining employment records.
- Ensuring that customers are served quality food in a timely manner.
- Regularly inspecting all work areas to ensure compliance with food health and safety regulations.
- Taking inventory of food supplies and other consumables, ordering necessary supplies as needed, and receiving deliveries.
- Accurately tallying all cash and charge slips.
- Reviewing sales records to determine which menu items are most profitable.
- Arranging cleaning and maintenance services including trash removal, pest control, deep cleaning, and equipment maintenance, as needed.
- Switching off all lights and enabling the alarm system at the close of business.
Food Service Supervisor Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in hotel and restaurant management, food service management, or related field is preferred.
- Food protection manager certification (FPMC) or Foodservice management professional (FMP) accreditation is advantageous.
- Proven experience working in the food service industry.
- Sound knowledge of labor laws as well as food health and safety regulations.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding leadership and management skills.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food
- Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures
- Ensure food service and quality control
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
- Prepare and submit reports
- Establish work schedules
- Efficient interpersonal skills
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
37165 lougheed hwy