A kitchen helper cleans and sanitizes kitchen equipment, assists in basic food preparation, and with receiving and storing products in kitchens, restaurants, clubs, fast food outlets and catering companies. They have knowledge of general kitchen operations and of general food storage guidelines.
- Location: 5753-Main StLockport, MBR1A 2R7
- Salary: $11.95 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a hardworking and dedicated individual to work with us as a Kitchen Helper. You will be responsible for helping in keeping the kitchen areas and equipment clean throughout your shift. You will also be responsible for assisting in basic food preparation.
As a Kitchen Helper, you should possess excellent knowledge of food safety standards and procedures. You should also have an understanding of general kitchen operations and food storage guidelines.
To perform this job role, you should have excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage time efficiently. You should also possess good listening skills and the ability to work for long working hours.
If you have a prior work experience of working as a Kitchen Helper, then send in your applications to us. We would like to meet you.
- Preparing the food ingredients as requested by the Chef.
- Ensuring all the vegetables and meats are fresh.
- Helping in unloading the food deliveries.
- Cleaning the kitchen station all the time.
- Washing the dishes and utensils.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.
- Making sure the kitchen equipment are well cleaned after use.
- Stocking the food items properly in the cold storage.
- Checking the inventory levels and reporting to the Kitchen Manager.
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher.
- Collecting dirt and debris after a regular interval of time.
- Emptying the dustbins at the end of the shift.
- Sanitizing the kitchen utensils and plates.
- Maintaining proper sanitation of the kitchen.
- Following all food safety and hygiene standards.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Past experience as a Kitchen Helper, or a related job position in the Hospitality department.
- Knowledge of the National Occupational Standards for Kitchen Helper.
- Ability to communicate efficiently.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects.
- Ability to work in a high temperature working environment.
- Good time management skills.
- Outstanding manual dexterity and physical stamina.
- Ability to anticipate problems and deal with them quickly and smartly
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Active listening abilities.
- Willingness to work during weekends, and public holidays.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Handle and store cleaning products
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- Deep fryer
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Lock port, MB