A construction helper is responsible for assisting construction workers to carry out a variety of tasks such as tidying up work areas, unloading materials, preparing worksites, cleaning debris, and executing other tasks as assigned.
- Location: Edmonton, AB
- Salary: $20.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We have an immediate opening for a Construction Helper to join our project team. You must be hard-working, reliable, and willing to perform various tasks that are required on the work site. Responsibilities include transporting materials, site excavation, structure demolition, and assembly and installation of components. We prefer candidates who have at least one year of experience in construction or skilled labor, but are willing to train the right person. Having a commercial driver’s license (CDL) is a plus. Depending on the job, you may also be required to work early or late hours, and sometimes overtime shifts.
Construction Helper Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport equipment, tools, and materials to the work site
- Collaborate with project managers and site supervisors to understand daily responsibilities
- Clear out and prepare work site for construction
- Demolish existing structures
- Assemble and install products and components
Construction Helper Requirements and Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience in construction preferred
- Valid driver’s license; CDL a plus
- Familiar with common manual and power tools and equipment
- Able to lift 50+ pounds
- Flexible schedule
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Load, unload and transport construction materials
- Mix, pour and spread materials
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
- Clean up chemical spills and other contaminants
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction
Experience and specialization
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
8712 51 Ave
Edmonton , AB