Answering service operators handle inbound calls for their clients, either through a switchboard or in a call center. As an answering service operator, your job duties include courteously greeting callers, determining the reason for their call, and answering questions or directing their requests to a different department as necessary.
- Location: Bridgewater, NS
- Salary: $13.45 hourly for 32 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
- Private sector
- Urban area
- Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas
- Provide basic information to clients and the public
- Obtain and process information required to provide services
- Operate switchboard or telephone system
- Record and relay information
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Send invoices
- Maintain work records and logs
- Receive and issue payments
- Perform clerical duties, such as filing and sorting and distributing mail
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Calculate billing charges
- Monitor mobile radio or telephone
- Provide emergency services
Experience and specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Switchboard 25+ lines
- Word processing software
- Electronic mail
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply