Auto body technicians perform repairs, replacements, and other alterations to the exteriors of motor vehicles. Auto body technicians usually work at car shops, but may operate as independent contractors. They carry out a range of repairs, from hammering out minor dents to windshield replacement to complete rebuilds and paint jobs. When not repairing collision damage, technicians work on body customization or minor repairs, such as buffing out scratches or refurbishing corrosion damage.
- Location: St. John’s, NL
- Salary: $32.40 to $32.41 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Long term benefits, Financial benefits
- Vacancies:1 vacancy
We are looking for a highly capable, dexterous auto body technician to join our expanding team. The auto body technician’s responsibilities include liaising with customers to ascertain their needs, performing restorations and modifications, and observing safety regulations. You should provide a pleasant, efficient service to customers throughout this process.
To ensure success as an auto body technician, you should be able to operate all pertinent equipment with ease. An outstanding auto body technician will recommend additional services that may be valuable to customers.
Auto Body Technician Responsibilities:
- Speaking to customers to gauge what work ought to be done.
- Performing diagnostic assessments to ensure that all issues have been detected, and that the customer is willing to have these remedied.
- Wearing safety gear and conducting work in a safe manner.
- Performing cost estimations and clearing these with customers before proceeding with work.
- Restoring vehicles to their original condition, or better, by repairing, replacing, and upgrading features of their exterior.
- Customizing vehicles according to customers’ preferences, as requested.
- Ensuring that each vehicle is roadworthy upon completion of the job.
- Returning vehicles to their owners.
- Checking to see that issues have been resolved to customers’ satisfaction.
Auto Body Technician Requirements:
- Proven experience as an auto body technician.
- Formal training as an auto body technician will be advantageous.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant safety guidelines.
- Basic arithmetic skills.
- Physically fit with exceptional manual dexterity.
- Observant and meticulous.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
3 years to less than 5 years
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Motor Vehicle Body Repairer Trade Certification
- Auto Body Repairer Trade Certification
Experience and specialization
Area of work experience
- Body components
- Doors and frame
- Frame straightening
- Metal cutting
- Steel-toed safety boots
- As per collective agreement
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Pension plan
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
709-754-4508 Between 08:00 AM and 04:30 PM
38 O’LEARY AVE
ST. JOHNS, NL
A1B 2C7 Between 08:00 AM and 04:30 AM