Dump truck drivers transport paving materials, construction supplies, dirt, or garbage to and from various locations. They drive trucks equipped with open beds that allow for the transportation of dirt, rocks, sand, coal, or gravel. Completely free trial, no card required.
- Location: Sudbury, ON
- Salary: $18.50 to $19.00 hourly for 44 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking to hire a dedicated dump truck driver to transport various materials to construction sites. The dump truck driver’s responsibilities include using the cranks and levers inside the truck to unload materials, supervising the loading of materials onto the truck, and inspecting the truck for any mechanical issues before and after every trip. You should also be able to safely drive and operate the truck in all weather conditions.
To be successful as a dump truck driver, you should be able to pick up and deliver materials according to a schedule. Ultimately, a top-performing dump truck driver should perform all duties in accordance with company safety rules and Department of Transportation (DOT) road safety regulations.
Dump Truck Driver Responsibilities:
- Transporting crushed rock, sand, and gravel to and from specified locations.
- Verifying the types of materials being transported and ensuring that they do not exceed weight restrictions.
- Ensuring that the materials are loaded correctly onto the dump truck.
- Greasing the dump truck every 5,000 miles.
- Inspecting the dump truck before and after every trip, which includes checking the oil, gas and water levels as well as the lights and tires.
- Promptly reporting any accidents, injuries or mechanical faults to management.
- Performing regular maintenance to ensure that the truck is in good working order.
- Maintaining accurate driver logs.
- Complying with all safety rules and regulations.
Dump Truck Driver Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License.
- Valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- Clean driving record.
- Proven experience operating a standard dump truck.
- Working knowledge of construction site safety, truck maintenance, and road safety regulations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- DZ class license
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
22 Brady Street
P3E 6E1 Between 07:00 AM and 04:00 PM