Welcoming visitors and directing them to the relevant office/personnel. Carrying out clerical duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, and preparing documents, including office correspondence, memos, resumes, and presentations.
- Location: Abbotsford, BC
- Salary: $27.00 hourly for 40 to 45 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Flexible Hours, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Our company is looking for an organized and self-motivated office administrator who will be responsible for providing administrative support to our office personnel. The office administrator’s role will include working closely with our leadership team by handling clerical duties, coordinating calendars, and organizing meetings.
In order to be successful in this position you should be detail-oriented, professional and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Office Administrator Responsibilities:
- Welcoming visitors and directing them to the relevant office/personnel.
- Carrying out clerical duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, and preparing documents, including office correspondence, memos, resumes, and presentations.
- Coordinating and managing appointments, meetings, and the conference room schedule in order to prevent duplicate bookings.
- Performing bookkeeping tasks such as invoicing, monitoring accounts receivable, and budget tracking.
- Maintaining general office files, including job files, vendor files, and other files related to the company’s operations.
- Purchasing office supplies, equipment, and furniture.
- Overseeing the maintenance of office facilities, and equipment.
- Performing other relevant duties when needed.
Office Administrator Requirements:
- High school diploma or a bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or a related field.
- 2 or more years’ office administration experience.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Comfortable handling confidential information.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Review, evaluate and implement new administrative procedures
- Establish work priorities and ensure procedures are followed and deadlines are met
- Carry out administrative activities of establishment
- Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation
- Co-ordinate and plan for office services such as accommodation, relocation, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
- Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures
- 3-4 people
Experience and specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- MS Office
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Health care plan
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply