A logistics manager supervises the movement, distribution, and storage of supplies and materials in a company. They are tasked with planning routes, analyzing budgets, and processing shipments. Also known as supply chain managers, they generally form part of middle management. Planning and monitoring inbound and outgoing deliveries. Supervising logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services. Organizing warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipments. Responding to any issues or complaints.
- Location: Edmonton, AB
- Salary: $36.50 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Our business is looking for a talented and qualified logistics manager to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for all supply chain management duties including selecting carriers, researching shipping methods, assessing budgets, and organizing storage.
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong attention to detail in order to oversee daily operations and logistics employees. In addition to having excellent organizational skills, you should also possess in-depth knowledge of logistics and inventory systems.
Logistics Manager Responsibilities:
- Selecting carriers and negotiating contracts and rates.
- Planning and monitoring inbound and outgoing deliveries.
- Supervising logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
- Organizing warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipments.
- Responding to any issues or complaints.
- Researching ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers.
- Working with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
- Evaluating budgets and expenditures.
- Updating and evaluating metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements.
- Ensuring all operations adhere to laws, guidelines, and ISO requirements.
Logistics Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of the consumer goods industry.
- Solid understanding of logistics and inventory management software.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and organizational abilities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Prepare and submit reports
- Arrange for maintenance and repair work
- Train workers in duties and policies
- Conduct performance reviews
- Co-ordinate, assign and review work
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply