Receiving and managing reservations made online and telephonically. Verifying guests’ payment methods during check-in. Assigning rooms to guests and informing them of any specials offered by the hotel. Organizing transport services for guests at their request.
- Location: Bracebridge, ON
- Salary: $34.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a well-groomed, friendly hotel front desk to be responsible for welcoming guests, managing online and telephonic bookings, and verifying guests’ payment methods during check-in. You should have a pleasant and professional disposition with guests and other hotel staff.
To be successful as a hotel front desk, you should provide guests with general information about the hotel and surrounding area, and stay up-to-date on attractions that may be of interest to guests.
Hotel Front Desk Responsibilities:
- Checking guests in and out.
- Receiving and managing reservations made online and telephonically.
- Verifying guests’ payment methods during check-in.
- Assigning rooms to guests and informing them of any specials offered by the hotel.
- Organizing transport services for guests at their request.
- Providing guests with information about the hotel.
- Keeping abreast of attractions that may be of interest to guests.
- Serving as a host at conferences, and ensuring that all relevant preparations are made for the event.
Hotel Front Desk Requirements:
- High school qualification or equivalent.
- Previous hospitality experience would be advantageous.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-presented and professional appearance.
- Competency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn on the job.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have flexible hours.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Hotel, motel, resort
- 5-10 people
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply