Truck drivers typically transport materials and goods among manufacturing, distribution and retail centers. Some also perform sales and customer service as part of the job. Other duties include inspecting their vehicles for mechanical issues relating to safe operation, and basic repair work. Use our free job description template below to create an ad that attracts great drivers to your company.
- Location: 2920 24 Avenue NWEdmonton, ABT6T 0G7
- Salary: $25.50 hourly for 35 to 44 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a licensed truck driver who will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of goods and other articles of trade to our customers. You will be tasked with driving and maintaining trucks that will be assigned to you, as well as working closely with our team of dispatchers in order to plan routes and track deliveries.
A Class A CDL or commercial driver license is required. Successful candidates must have a clean driving record and must pass a drug and alcohol test.
Truck Driver Responsibilities:
- Drive long distances to deliver goods to customers.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record cargo deliveries.
- Refuel and clean vehicle.
- Report road incidents to the dispatcher.
- Follow traffic laws.
- Inspect trucks and record issues.
- Follow accident procedures.
- Keep an activities log and log hours.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Plan routes using GPS system.
- Get goods to the client on time.
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers.
- Keep commercial driver license up to date.
Truck Driver Requirements:
- Class A CDL or commercial driver license.
- Current TWIC card.
- Must pass drug and alcohol test.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Must provide current MVR.
- Must provide a medical certificate.
- High school diploma.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
1 to less than 7 months
- Professionalism in customer service
- Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations
- Load and unload goods
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Driver’s License (Class 1 or A)
Experience and specialization
- Accident or incident reports
- Bill of lading
- Driver logbook
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
- Maintenance and repair reports
- Trip reports
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Physically demanding
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
2920 24 Avenue NW