Truck drivers typically transport materials and goods among manufacturing, distribution and retail centers. Some also perform sales and customer service as part of the job. Other duties include inspecting their vehicles for mechanical issues relating to safe operation, and basic repair work. Use our free job description template below to create an ad that attracts great drivers to your company.
- Location: 11905 111 Avenue NWEdmonton, ABT5G 0E4
- Salary: $36.50 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a licensed truck driver who will be responsible for supervising the safe and timely delivery of goods and other articles of trade to our customers. You will be tasked with supervising the people driving and maintaining trucks that will be assigned to you, as well as working closely with our team of dispatchers in order to plan routes and track deliveries.
A Class A CDL or commercial driver license is required. Successful candidates must have a clean driving record and must pass a drug and alcohol test.
Truck Driver Responsibilities:
- Drive long distances to deliver goods to customers.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record cargo deliveries.
- Refuel and clean vehicle.
- Report road incidents to the dispatcher.
- Follow traffic laws.
- Inspect trucks and record issues.
- Follow accident procedures.
- Keep an activities log and log hours.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Plan routes using GPS system.
- Get goods to the client on time.
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers.
- Keep commercial driver license up to date.
Truck Driver Requirements:
- Class A CDL or commercial driver license.
- Current TWIC card.
- Must pass drug and alcohol test.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Must provide current MVR.
- Must provide a medical certificate.
- High school diploma.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Supervise workers and projects
- Train or arrange for training
- Co-ordinate and schedule activities
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Recommend personnel actions
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve work methods
- Truck drivers
Experience and specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- MS Office
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply