Salon managers recruit and train salon staff, resolve client complaints, and ensure that salons are clean, well-maintained, and adequately stocked. They oversee all salon operations to maximize salon profitability.
- Location: 2173 West 41 AvenueVancouver, BCV6M 1Z6
- Salary: $26.91 to $30.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking to employ an efficient and highly skilled salon manager to oversee all salon operations. The salon manager’s responsibilities include enforcing staff compliance with the salon’s health and safety policies, identifying ways to increase salon revenue, and ensuring that salon equipment is serviced and repaired as needed. You should also be able to provide the salon owner with regular updates on salon activities.
To be successful as a Salon Manager, you should demonstrate strong management and leadership skills and be able to motivate staff to achieve salon goals. Ultimately, an exceptional Salon Manager should achieve excellent customer service by ensuring that clients have pleasant salon experiences.
Salon Manager Responsibilities:
- Providing all services offered by the salon, which includes hair cutting and styling as well as hair removal and beauty treatments.
- Recruiting salon staff that meets mandatory educational and licensing requirements.
- Preparing work schedules for salon staff.
- Setting goals for each staff member, evaluating staff performance, and providing training and overall guidance.
- Monitoring salon supplies and equipment and ordering new stock as needed.
- Creating and distributing promotional material to attract new clients.
- Addressing and resolving client complaints regarding salon services and employee behavior.
- Processing clients’ payments and maintaining accurate financial records.
- Ensuring that the salon is clean and well-maintained at all times.
Salon Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A valid cosmetology license.
- Proven experience managing a salon.
- Proficient in all microsoft office applications.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Establish or implement policies and procedures for staff
- Plan and control budget and inventory
- Manage contracts for advertising or marketing strategies
- Hire, train and supervise staff
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply