A hotel manager oversees all operations and day-to-day activities in a hotel organization. They take on a variety of duties including managing everything from accounting, sales, business development, and customer service. Also referred to as a hotel operations manager.
- Location: Cache Creek, BC
- Salary: $21.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are seeking a professional and customer-focused hotel manager to oversee our hotel operations. In this position, you will direct the day-to-day operations and activities at your allocated hotel location. Your duties will include managing personnel, collecting payments, monitoring budgets, and evaluating hotel performance.
To excel in this role, you must be approachable and detailed-oriented with proven hospitality or management work experience. Our ideal candidate will also demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Hotel Manager Responsibilities:
- Overseeing personnel, including receptionists, kitchen staff, and office employees.
- Monitoring employee performance and conducting regular evaluations to help improve customer service.
- Collecting payments and maintaining records of budgets, funds, and expenses.
- Welcoming and registering guests once they arrive.
- Resolving issues regarding hotel services, amenities, and policies.
- Organizing activities and assigning responsibilities to employees to ensure productivity.
- Creating and applying a marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services and amenities.
- Coordinating with external parties, including suppliers, travel agencies, and conference planners.
- Evaluating hotel performance and ensuring compliance with health and safety rules.
- Partaking in financial activities, including establishing room rates, setting budgets, and assigning funds to departments.
Hotel Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, business administration, or a relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in hotel management or a similar role.
- Strong understanding of hotel management best practices and data entry software.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Exceptional leadership abilities with great attention to detail.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Perform same duties as workers supervised
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Co-ordinate, assign and review work
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Hire and train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Staff in various areas of responsibility
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Overtime required
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
1085 Trans Canada Highway
Cache Creek, BC