The Bookkeeper is the central hub for nearly all the financial and payroll information in a company. They will be tasked with paying bills, collecting debts, running payroll, and submitting all government forms, sales tax payments, and payroll deductions.
- Location: 12830 80 AveSurrey, BCV3W 3A8
- Salary: $28.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Overtime, Morning, 09:00 to 17:30
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We would like to hire a Bookkeeper to take care of all our company day to day financial tasks. You will be responsible for both accounts payable and receivable along with all payroll and bank account management and reconciliation tasks. To do well in this role you should have previous experience as a Bookkeeper and have used Xero or Quickbooks.
- Recording day-to-day financial transactions and completing the posting process.
- Reconciling sales taxes, payroll taxes, 401k, and bank accounts at the end of each month.
- Monitoring financial transactions and reports.
- Processing accounts receivable and payable.
- Processing checks.
- Understanding ledgers.
- Working with an accountant when necessary.
- Handling monthly payroll using accounting software.
- Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration. Excellent knowledge of general accounting principles.
- High school diploma.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping software.
- At least 2 years of bookkeeping experience, preferably within a business-services environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Experience with accounting software such as Xero, Quickbooks, or MYOB.
- Able to prepare, review and understand a financial statement.
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Urban area
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payroll
- Calculate fixed assets and depreciation
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
- Maintain general ledgers and financial statements
- Post journal entries
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports
- Prepare tax returns
- Prepare trial balance of books
- Reconcile accounts
Experience and specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Accounting software
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Tight deadlines
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply