Truck mechanics are responsible for the maintenance and repair of diesel-powered vehicles. Their duties include running diagnostic tests on vehicles, test driving vehicles to gauge performance and maintaining detailed records of the vehicles they have serviced.
- Location: Abbotsford, BC
- Salary: $28.00 hourly for 32 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for physically fit candidates with good attention to detail for the position of diesel mechanic. The primary duties of a diesel mechanic include performing diagnostic tests on diesel vehicles to find faults, analyzing diagnostic test results and repairing or replacing engine, steering, transmission, braking or lighting system components.
Diesel mechanics need to be highly organized and communicate effectively, as they will be expected to maintain detailed records of serviced vehicles and interact with customers on a daily basis.
Diesel Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Running diagnostic tests on vehicles.
- Analyzing diagnostic test results.
- Replacing vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions and braking systems.
- Checking vehicle lighting systems.
- Test driving vehicles to gauge performance.
- Performing preventative maintenance on service trucks.
- Maintaining detailed records of serviced vehicles.
- Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist.
- Maintaining a parts inventory.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the shop.
Diesel Mechanic Requirements:
- Degree or diploma in mechanical or automotive engineering.
- ASE Diesel Certification advantageous.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Aptitude for mathematics and science.
- Advanced knowledge of diesel engine components.
- Good IT and diagnostic skills.
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 150 pounds.
- Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of truck-trailer systems
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer’s specifications
- Estimate parts and labour costs
- Perform scheduled maintenance service
Experience and specialization
Area of specialization
- Alignment, steering and suspension
- Brake system
- Truck-trailer repair
Security and safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
33131 South Fraser Way suite 204