Jobs in Canada
Construction labourer needed in Canada at BMW ROOFING & SIDING 2000 INC
A construction laborer or construction worker does physical labor on construction sites. They may prepare sites by cleaning them, loading or unloading materials, and removing hazards. A general laborer may also run some types of equipment, or put together and take apart scaffolding and other temporary structures. They are essential to highway construction, building, and environmental remediation.
- Location: 282123, Township Rd 232,Rocky View, ABT1X 1X6
- Salary: 25.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 4 vacancies
We are a busy construction firm and are always hiring dedicated construction laborers to join our team. You will be responsible for operating and maintaining various machines, load and unload frequently heavy materials, and follow directions from supervisors and other skilled tradesmen. To do well in this role you should be physically fit, reliable, and be a hard worker.
Construction Laborer Responsibilities:
- Operate and care for construction equipment and machines.
- Help equipment operators, carpenters, and other skilled labor when necessary.
- Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards.
- Load or unload construction materials.
- Put together and take apart temporary structures, such as scaffolding.
- Remove, fill, or compact earth.
- Follow instructions from supervisors.
- Assist craft workers.
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
- Perform site clean-up.
Construction Laborer Requirements:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Ability to work in all weather.
- Workers must be punctual and reliable.
- Must have experience as a general laborer in the construction industry.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Various locations
- Load, unload and transport construction materials
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring and barricades
- Mix, pour and spread materials
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply