Jobs in Canada
Early childhood educator (ECE) assistant needed in Canada Academics Prekindergarten YVR
An early childhood educator is a qualified professional who educates children from the age of 3 years until they begin formal schooling. They address the cognitive, social, emotional and physical needs of both the individual child and groups of children.
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Salary: 20.00 hourly for 35 to 37.5 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a certified early childhood educator who can effectively address the needs of 3 to 6-year-old children in a school environment. The early childhood educator is responsible for providing developmentally appropriate programs that are aligned with national norms of the state.
To be a successful early childhood educator, you should be able to display strong communication skills and a kind and gentle demeanor when interacting with children. Ultimately, an outstanding early childhood educator should display patience and use creative ways to interact and engage with children.
Early Childhood Educator Responsibilities:
- Teaching and following a daily routine.
- Adapting the program to suit the needs of the individual child or group.
- Consistently planning innovative ways of keeping children actively engaged.
- Imparting knowledge to children through fun and play.
- Ensuring the social and emotional growth of the child.
- Addressing the physical needs of the individual child or group.
- Composing detailed reports for parents.
- Meeting with The Head of Department and Principal on a regular basis.
- Adhering to the guidelines of the Education Department and State.
Early Childhood Educator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in early child development.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field.
- Ability to exercise patience when interacting with children.
- A caring and approachable nature.
- Ability to work during the evening, and after-hours, as needed.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience an asset
Work site environment
- Child care centre
- Bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
- Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records
- Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties
- Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
- Establish guidelines for behaviour
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Child development assistant (ECE level 1)
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Own transportation
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Free parking available
- On-site amenities
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply