Jobs in Canada
Farm workers supervisor needed in Canada at PT Farm Market Ltd.
Farm managers supervise staff, monitor crops and animals, and handle various administrative tasks. They prepare budgets, purchase supplies, maintain relationships with vendors and clients, and ensure maximum profitability.
- Location: Oliver, BC
- Salary: 24.00 hourly for 30 to 70 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are searching for a manager with good business sense to join our team. The farm manager’s responsibilities include monitoring staff, crops, and livestock, purchasing supplies, preparing budgets and reports, and ensuring maximum profit. You should be able to maintain professional networks and keep abreast of developments in agricultural science.
To be successful as a farm manager, you be detail-oriented but also keep the bigger picture in mind. Outstanding candidates are keen problem solvers who are focused on efficiency and take a hands-on approach to management.
Farm Manager Responsibilities:
- Analyzing existing operations, crops, livestock, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understands expectations.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops, livestock, and also perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm like fruit, vegetables, dairy, meat, and grain.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
Farm Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, animal science, or equivalent.
- Additional courses in business management or administration are recommended.
- Extensive experience in a farming-related field.
- Management experience would be a plus.
- A passion for agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
Work site environment
- Tree and orchard fruit
- Rural area
- Staff accommodation available
- Fruit trees training
- Shoot positioning
- Soil fertility programs
- Stone and/or wood picking
- Assist in the development and implementation of farm safety and bio-security procedures
- Provide agricultural crop services such as plowing, irrigating, cultivating, spraying or harvesting
- Co-ordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers
- Develop work schedules and establish procedures
- Ensure farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed
- Maintain quality control and production records
- Supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations
- Maintain work records and logs
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Perform general farm duties
- 16-20 people
Experience and specialization
Type of crops
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply