Jobs in Canada
Host/hostess, restaurant needed in Canada at 1564176 Alberta Ltd O/A Buffet Royale Carvery
A hostess or host greets customers as they enter a restaurant, takes their reservations or puts them on a waiting list, gives them menus and shows them to their seats. They may also handle phone calls and customer queries about the restaurant and menu, and assist various restaurant staff when necessary.
- Location: Sherwood Park, AB
- Salary: 15.00 hourly for 15 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Evening, Weekend
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are a busy restaurant and have an open role for hostess. You will greet guests as they enter and show them to their table or waiting area. You will also engage with guests to ensure their meal is as good as it should be. To do well in this role you should be comfortable standing for long periods and managing a very busy shift.
- Greeting guests as they enter, and putting them on a waiting list as necessary.
- Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
- Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas.
- Assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of customers.
- Engaging with guests to ensure they’re happy with food and service.
- Responding to complaints and helping to resolve them.
- Answering phone calls, taking reservations and answering questions.
- A knowledge of the menu.
- Helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
- Providing great customer service.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to provide top-notch customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with all restaurant staff.
- Does high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food when necessary.
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Able to work in a busy restaurant environment.
- Restaurant experience a plus.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Full time enrollment
- Answer customers’ questions regarding menu items and preparation methods
- Attend to seating arrangements for large groups
- Greet customers
- Perform opening and closing activities
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Students
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply