Jobs in Canada
Housekeeper needed in Canada at Private Household – LI
Housekeepers handle light cleaning needed for the upkeep of homes as well as commercial buildings, such as offices, hotels, and hospitals. Typically they’ll replace bedding, clean rooms, halls and bathrooms, vacuum, sweep, mop, replace toiletries and make beds.
- Location: North York, , ON, Scarborough, ON
- Salary: 18.00 to 20.00 hourly for 30 to 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking to hire a housekeeper to join our cleaning team. You will be responsible for cleaning rooms and common areas, disposing of trash, changing beds, and notifying maintenance of any issues. You should be able to lift 25 pounds and have an eye for cleanliness.
- Keeping facilities and common areas clean and maintained.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping floors.
- Cleaning and stocking restrooms.
- Cleaning up spills with appropriate equipment.
- Notifying managers of necessary repairs.
- Collecting and disposing of trash.
- Assisting guests when necessary.
- Keeping the linen room stocked.
- Properly cleaning upholstered furniture.
- Ability to manage your time efficiently.
- Work well unsupervised.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Handle basic maintenance and cleaning.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and interact positively with hotel guests.
- Hard worker.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
Work site environment
- Various locations
- Work in employer’s/client’s home
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand
- Housekeeping activities
- Clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Physically demanding
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Parking available
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply