Jobs in Canada
Mason’s helper needed in Canada at Red Robin Masonry
Masons, or stone masons, use various tools and techniques to shape rock and stone pieces and artificial mineral products into the geometric shapes needed to build bridges, buildings, monuments etc. They also do repairs and restorations.
- Location: Etobicoke, ON
- Salary: 22.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a skilled, experienced mason who can cut, dress and lay stone, and who is proficient with both modern power tools and traditional hand tools. Masons can expect to work in all weather and with various materials, lift and carry heavy objects, and read and assess technical drawings. Their responsibilities include texturing and polishing blocks of stone, installing dressed stone, mixing cement and mortar, and restoring old and damaged masonry works.
Successful masons should have a love for traditional techniques, a keenness for learning, exceptional problem-solving skills, and should have a natural talent for working with their hands. Ideal candidates will have completed a three-year apprenticeship, and will be physically fit and able.
- Maintaining tools and workspaces.
- Cutting, shaping and dressing materials.
- Lifting, carrying and placing prepared blocks.
- Reading and following technical drawings.
- Training apprentices.
- Mixing cement and mortar.
- Restoring old and worn masonry.
- 3+ years’ apprenticeship.
- Love for working with stone.
- Respect for the ancient traditions of the profession.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
1 to less than 7 months
Work site environment
- Load, unload and transport construction materials
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring and barricades
- Mix, pour and spread materials
- Assist in framing houses, erecting walls and building roofs
- Assist in demolishing buildings
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Read and interpret blueprints
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- Circular saws
- Mortar and concrete mixers
- Air compressors
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Client focus
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying: