Factory helpers produce and assemble products in factories. They operate and maintain machinery, ensure production standards are met, finalize products, and prepare them for shipping.
- Location: Delta, BC
- Salary: $17.20 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 4 vacancies
We are looking for a hard-working production wWorker to assist in the manufacturing process. The Production Worker’s responsibilities include keeping the production area clean, preparing machinery and equipment for use, working the production line as instructed, and strictly following health and safety guidelines.
To be successful as a production worker you should be able to work on the production line with consistent speed and accuracy. An outstanding production worker should be able to maintain production standards and work towards improving productivity without compromising quality.
Production Worker Responsibilities:
- Following health and safety standards.
- Maintaining a clean workstation and production floor.
- Assembling products and parts.
- Following production guidelines and specifications.
- Finalizing and packaging products for shipment.
- Operating and maintaining machinery and production line equipment.
- Monitoring the assembly line and removing faulty products.
- Working on the production line and meeting production targets.
- Reporting any issues to the supervisor on duty.
- Performing other tasks as assigned.
Production Worker Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Previous experience working in a factory is beneficial.
- Experience operating manufacturing machinery.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Physical dexterity.
- Available for shift work.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Check and weigh materials and products
- Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
- Perform other labouring and elemental activities
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply